Self Paced Preparation Course
Strong background in Anatomy and Medical Terminology Highly Recommended
Beginner to Advanced
80 Course Hours
Medical Coders, Auditors, Billers, Physicians, Nurses and Mid-level Providers
In this course you will gain the basic understanding of medical terminology and anatomy that is required for medical coding. In addition, you’ll learn to translate services and diagnosis using CPT® procedure codes, ICD-10-CM codes, and HCPCS Level II codes for work conducted in physician practice and ambulatory care settings.
- The Business of Medicine
- Review of Anatomy and Medical Terminology
- Intro to ICD-10-CM and Coding Guidelines
- Intro to CPT® and HCPCS Level II and Coding Guidelines
- Coding for Integumentary System
- Coding for Musculoskeletal System
- Coding for Respiratory System
- Coding for Cardiovascular System
- Coding for Hemic & Lymphatic Systems, Mediastinum, Diaphragm
- Coding for Digestive System
- Coding for Urinary System and Male Genital System
- Coding for Female Reproductive System / Maternity
- Coding for Endocrine System and Nervous System
- Coding for Special Senses (Ocular and Auditory)
- Coding for Anesthesia
- Coding for Radiology, Pathology & Laboratory
- Coding for Evaluation & Management Services
- Coding for Medicine
Get Supported by Live Instructor
If you’re motivated by live instruction and classroom-paced training, then this package is perfect for you. This Live Online Course takes students through our comprehensive CPC training program and is led by an industry expert via live online sessions every 2 week. It will provide students with an opportunity to connect with an instructor, plus you’ll be able to network directly with fellow classmates.
- 12-Week structured course
- Biweekly live instruction collaboration sessions
- Access to Industry Experts/Coaches
Get a Hands-on coding training with Practicode
Practicode is a web-based training program allowing new medical coders to gain the confidence of coding 660 cases in a variety of specialties. Complete the program while training for your certification exam to remove one of the two required years of your credential’s apprentice designation. Practicode will help you become a full credential holder faster than ever, separating you from the crowd of new coders.
Practicode’s web-based format allows you gain experience at your own pace, in your own space-when you want.
- Gain experience faster than you would with an on-the-clock job
- Code from hundreds of real medical records, redacted from HIPAA compliance
- Receive immediate feedback to learn specialty specific intricacies only real coding experts know
- Get the confidence you need to hit a home run in your next job interview
Access is available anywhere you have an internet connection. Study in any place and at any time.
Expand your Skills
Learn to code cases from multiple specialties. Make yourself more marketable and confident by expanding your abilities and knowledge.
Far faster than learning on the job. Get instant feedback to show you how you’re doing and what you need to do to improve.
Real World Cases
Each medical record includes actual charts and medical documentation. Successfully completing these cases will give you real job experience.
Extensive & Comprehensive
What you work on is representative of what you will find on the job. Over 200 medical records cases will give you the experience you need to be successful on the job.
The clean and intuitive interface makes medical coding easy to learn. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Completion of a professional coding course, or 1 year of ProFee coding experience recommended as a prerequisite.
- High-speed Internet access with supported computer operating systems and Internet/Web browsers
- Adobe Flash Player (free download available)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (free download available)
- For best experience, use of a mobile device is not recommended